Monday, May 7, 2012

Supermoonset


Supermoonset, originally uploaded by Della Huff Photography.

On Sunday morning, I got up ridiculously early to shoot the supermoon setting over the SF skyline from Yerba Buena Island. I almost went back to sleep, but I'm so glad I didn't. It was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.

This two-shot panorama might be my favorite image from the morning, but it's a tough call. I'll share a few more from the morning over the next few days.

I took this image just after the Bay Bridge lights turned off. That was a tiny bummer, but the taillights are interesting and I like the bit of red they bring to the cool blue image. I used a graduated neutral density filter to even out the moon and skyline, since the moon was still pretty bright.

I highly recommend hitting "L" to check this out in Large view :)

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 70-200L, f/10 @ 4s, ISO 50. Lee 2-stop soft and 3-stop hard graduated neutral density filters.

No comments: